Call for Proposals
Haga clic aquí para leer en español.
The purpose of the conference is to provide a forum for researchers, educators, and practitioners to discuss and develop a deeper understanding of the depth and breadth of research currently being conducted and to highlight research needs with a particular focus on practitioner needs. The meeting will consist of thought-provoking presentations by invited speakers as well as a diverse selection of oral, poster and workshop presentations.
The conference program will include oral sessions, poster sessions and workshops. Each oral session will be focused on a specific topic, defined a posteriori after abstracts have been submitted. Specific times will be scheduled for poster sessions to insure attendees the opportunity to talk directly with the authors. Workshops allow an individual or a group to develop a session on a specific topic or skill. See Presentations (Poster/Oral/Workshop presentation guidelines) for more information on each of the presentation styles.
The language for the conference is English. However, with respect to the local language and to encourage local participation presentations will be accepted in either English or Spanish. Translation will not be available during the concurrent sessions; there will be an English stream and a Spanish stream. Spanish papers will be required to include a 1 page extended summary (abstract) of their papers in English. English presenters do have the option of providing their abstract in both English and Spanish.
Abstracts must be prepared following the guidelines below. It is summer in the Northern hemisphere and many people are away on vacations or doing field work and have been delayed with their submissions. We have received late requests for submitting abstracts. We are happy to inform you that the abstract deadline has been extended to August 12 2016. However, the presenting author for those abstracts already received will receive their notifications early next week. The person presenting must register for the conference by September 2, 2016 (new date) to include the abstract in the program, note this date has not changed.
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts
- Abstracts must be written in English. If a paper is being presented in Spanish a 1 page extended summary (abstract) of the paper is required.
- Abstracts are to be submitted through http://www.actahort.org/members/symposiar?nr=639
(Please note if you are not a member of ISHS there is a non-refundable fee for abstract submission. If you wish to become a member of ISHS please visit the ISHS Membership page at:(http://www.ishs.org/members)
- The Abstract guidelines are:
- The body of the Abstract should be a maximum of 300 words in a single paragraph. Workshop abstracts must include a statement of intended learning objectives.
- Please indicate your presentation preference: oral, poster or workshop.
- If a workshop, please indicate 1 or 2 hour presentation.
- Abstracts may be revised by the Organizing Committee.
- The corresponding author will be informed of acceptance via e-mail on or shortly after July 22, 2016.